Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Sufferfest continued...
We'll the hill ride today was as expected. I got dropped up Brickyard and decided to finish climbing it and ride back down and catch the rest of the group on MacArthur Blvd. I thought I was getting my legs back as I huffed and puffed up Anglers and kept up on Great Falls. Then it went boom. When Brickyard got steep, my legs just didn't have any power left. I stood up hoping that gravity would help, however, the cranks barely moved. It felt like I was carrying another 100 lbs. I slowly made it to the top and turned back around a bit dejected as I was hoping that I was starting to get back into shape. Oh well. I need more mileage and I'm thinking of giving up on the weight workout as my legs were again sore today. The good thing is that the rain was early and the roads were completely dry by noon and the temperatures were still in the 60's, however the breeze was a bit swirling. I'm hoping by the early next week, I'll be back in form.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sorry I wasn't there to help slow the pace down. I was really bummed I had to be in Frederick all day.
Simon, tore us apart. He attacked on Great Falls, James and Jay caught up with him on the decent of MacArthur, then he attacked again on Brickyard and left everyone in the dust. I'd say he was almost out of the distance by the final climb.
Simon is amazing. He makes climbing look effortless. If I could ever stay on his wheel when he decides to go, I'd be really psyched.
Road the trainer, Zone2/3 tonight for 1.5hrs. Shit, that's so much harder then doing outside.
Post a Comment