Photo Courtesy of Kevin Dillard, Velophotos.net

Monday, January 21, 2008

Mechanicals.

I hate having mechanicals.  It seems that this year everything is breaking.  Today my speed sensor for my Cateye Wireless decided to loosen up and wreak havoc in my riding as it was bouncing against the spokes.  I just kept thinking how it would wrap itself into my wheel causing the spokes to break or causing a lockup and crash.  I was up front and didn't want to take anyone else down so eased up and rode as straight as possible to avoid any disaster from happening. I pulled over a little while later and unscrewed the sensor off of the mount.  The bad part was that I was feeling pretty good today and wanted to test my fitness in comparison to the other riders. 

I'm hoping that my Polar CS200 gets repaired soon, so I can take the Cateye back off as I don't have any statistics I can log it and recognize how I'm doing while I'm riding.  The Cateye only gives me speed/distance readings. I hope that this is my last incident for the year.  Of course it's better now than later on in the season. 

The cold weather has also been playing havoc on my fingers.  My skin on my thumbs are cracking and bleeding.  It feels worse when I ride and my fingers are cold.  The good thing is that my hands warmed up quickly today, my toes on the other hand were pretty cold.  Well, I'm really looking forward to the racing season this year. 

No comments: