Sunday, March 15, 2009
Paris to Nice update: Contador Blows It!
Guess, I was wrong. Alberto Contador blew it. He cracked (bonked)and lost so much time yesterday that it was very difficult for him to actually make it up today. I guess you can chalk this up as a learning experience for him. A few things you can surmise from this race about Contador, he's young, very strong, and beatable. Team Astana definitely didn't have the support for him. Of course, you can't expect to win all of the major events he's racing in. The coaching is definitely making him a better all around racer. His time trialing ability really has become much better. If Astana puts a strong team supporting him, he will be a hard guy to beat. They have to be there just like how they were there to protect and execute the moves for Lance Armstrong. The big question is will they be there during the Tour de France? And who will they work for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Right after I read your post "Contrador redeems himself", I saw he cracked. I thought maybe you jinxed him. Just kidding, no - but seriously - how did you photoshop that picture with you in front of me? That's some professional quality graphic arts work! Again, just kidding.
Chuck,
This was a once in a lifetime photo capture. I was ahead of you! Bottom line, I can truly prove and say I was ahead of you.
Ha ha.
When I get some photoshop skills, I'll be doing one up with me in front of all of the Battley Harley train. It'll be a long time coming though as I've got no photoshop skills.
The way this season has started someone's going to have to photoshop me on a bike...
I'm sure there's a way to raise a kid and ride while still maintaining a veneer of being "responsible", but I haven't found that balance yet. I can hope to see you on the road, but Saturday morning will be tough, what with the BSG finale and what not. Frakkin 7:30 rides...
FM
Frogman,
Frakkin.. So Say We All.
Post a Comment