Monday, March 2, 2009
Trade Zone not!
I rode almost 4 days straight this past week, even while having a cold. You know the same one everyone has. Stuffed nose, sinus pain, mucus everywhere including your lungs. Well, even with all this, I was planning to make a show of Trade Zone. I thought I didn't have any real conflicts with the race, except the weather! Well, not so, our neighbor asked us to attend a local fund raising event the night before. You know, the one which suckers you in to buying something you don't need. Well, it was for the kids. Another bunch of money down the drain for something your kids don't really need or want. Could have been a down payment on a new frame which my team wants me to get. Well, that's not going to happen. Well, it was enjoyable anyway, with a few glasses of wine and appetizers. I actually got home early enough to get some sleep. I awoke at 6:30 am and looked out the window... well a light dusting of snow. It was wet however, could it dry in time for Trade Zone. I went to my computer and low and behold, the cancellation emails had already gone around. Well, no riding for me. I took the rest of the day relaxing and watching a movie with my wife and children, then on with the end of the season hockey parties. I'm getting tired of hockey... time to hopefully focus on my racing. I was looking forward to racing as a team this year as in the past it was typically just me riding solo. If I wasn't in a break, there was little chance I could bridge the break or have several work with me to chase down the break. ABRT did a great job last year at making sure no one would catch their leaders. TZ was going to be a good experiment for our team. Many of us have ridden on different teams last year and this year, well it hopefully would be different. Well, no luck on Sunday... so I may not get to do TZ this year as I think the next couple of weekends are already scheduled with hockey events again. I'm registered for Walkersville as well as Jeff Cup. We'll see how we do. It is interesting on how quickly the fields are filling up this year even with the entry fees so high.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment