Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Recovery.
Well, I thought I'd be back in shape sooner than later. It's been almost 3 weeks since my hernia surgery. I was thinking about racing the Tour of Washington County. Unfortunately, I don't have a TT bike or some clip on bars. So that was a major negative for me in making that decision to do Tour Of WC. The other factor is that since my surgery, I have no core anymore. 3 slices into your stomach muscles are bad. On the long hills, or extended long efforts, I just get tired and fade away. I get gapped and can't come back. Sucks. Oh yeah.. by the way, I went in to the oral surgeon to follow up on a sore bone in my mouth, this is about 5 months since my tooth extraction because of a cracked tooth. Well, he was thinking that it was caused by a bone trying to make its way out of the gum on the roof of my mouth. He probed a bit and couldn't see anything and recommended that I go for a biopsy. Well that is a term for cutting you open and taking something out. So, since I had a bit of time and no meetings in the morning, I decided to go for it. The surgeon basically cut my gum near my molar then peeled it upwards to the bone growth, found no bone chips and decided to cut down the bone which was growing and irritating my gum. Yep.. he took pictures too, it was pretty cool to see how the proceedure was like. However teeth pain for me is like the worst kind of pain. That low throbbing pain cannot be taken away by any medicines including codine, vicodin, etc. I found the best is several Motrin's was best. That's my choice for medicines. Anyway, after getting stiched back up and released, I went back to work. The stiches worked itself out by the end of the day, however a few came out after a few hours. I went out on the hill ride, sucked wheels for the whole time and got dropped. Something is really wrong. It could be the lack of base this past winter, however more likely it's the lack of consistent training. This year is a wash for me. Maybe next year... or may be retirement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Mr. Fang, Get well soon. Chuck
I think I have some clip-ons.
get ur ass up there :-)
John M.
Didn't realize you had surgery.
I also have clip-ons if you ever want to use them.
Chuck... I'm not that old... don't call me mister just because I'm racing masters...
John M and Rayman.. I may take you up on the clip-ons one of these days... Maybe to do a TT..
John M.. I won't be going to Tour of WC because now I have a family thing to do on Saturday. Plus, I'm just in no shape. I love that race and have performed every year in the past, though I never did the TT. Even the TT would suit me okay because of the distance even though it has a hill. I'll have to wait till next year.
Post a Comment