I broke down today as I couldn't pass up a good deal. I ordered a pair of Castelli Piogga gloves in a large today. I'm hoping that they work well. I've seen these in the past in shops, however they are damn expensive. Typically over $60 for them. I needed a new pair of winter gloves as my other winter gloves are full of holes and they don't really keep me that warm.
The Castelli Piogga gloves are supposed to be water proof as well, so those cold rainy races early in the season should be a good test for them.
I'll let you know in a future blog post how these rate.
This was my first week where I rode more than twice. I rode Sunday for about 30 minutes. I rode at noon yesterday for about 40 minutes. And today, I rode for an hour during the hill ride in Arlington. The Coppi guys invited this kid (26 yrs old) mountain biker to come out and ride with us. He shredded us on the sprints and up the hills pretty badly. My heart rate was pinging over 180 for a good portion of the ride. I basically blew up one time up a hill. I was pretty satisfied though with my riding considering I haven't ridden more than once a week for the 4 weeks or so. So much for putting the miles in off season. We are in season once again. Let the races begin! Most of the riders with me were definitely in better shape than I. The suffering was good and I need to do more of it.
I'm planning to ride in to work more often now, unless it becomes damn cold again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment