Here's an email I received recently as we were emailing about a long ride on the weekend. It would have been something I would have loved to do.... however a 4 to 5 hour ride is something I very rarely ever get to do. I think I rode once last year to Sugarloaf Mountain from Beach Drive (about 80 miles), of course I didn't ride with a bunch of hard core racers, just some fit weekend warriors. I did much of the pulling though. I got home and ate a whole lot of pasta and food, took a nice long shower and passed out on the couch trying to watch some bad rerun of TV shows.
My response to the ride was that I didn't think I could go.. however, during my creation of the email I thought of it more and realized I couldn't make it because of my children's sporting events and that I would be attending a evening function with my wife and had to be energetic for the whole event, which I probably wouldn't be if I rode for 5 hours. And of course, as out of shape I'm in, no riding for the past couple of weeks, with all of the poor weather and other stuff I have to do... this was one of the responses:
"You guys are pathetic. You need to let the family know who is The
Boss. Last Sunday I did the cyclocross race in the morning (placed
xxth), got home, had some lunch, then went back out and rode for
another hour since it was 65 degrees. Wife and children completely
indifferent to my absence. Returned home, kicked back on couch,
watched soccer then Super Bowl. King for A Day, as it is every day at
my house."
Well he's is the man...the "king" in my book. If you can do that every day... well he/she must have it good. Most of us in the real world don't have this luxury. I know some of the Seniors can do that cause they still have no responsibilities... or they just don't have a life. Would I trade my life to be able to have the ability to ride 5 hours? then go home watch a movie, then sit and watch a football game in the emvening? Probably not... though I do dream of that every once in a while.
Have fun this weekend everyone. I'll be having my own fun, hopefully not thinking about you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment