I keep reading everyone's blogs and email ride recaps on the weekend ride... Well, I'm damn envious of everyone. I've get to wake up at the same time everyone else does, however instead of getting my riding gear on, I'm pushing my children along in getting them out of bed and quickly getting dressed for their hockey games. Then I do the hour long ride to the other rinks. Every once in a while, I'm passing a biker on the road riding to their group ride. We'll hockey will stop by mid to late March, then of course it's soccer. So I don't really know when I'll be able to do any of the usual group rides. Yep, I'd love to do a Sugarloaf ride (80 miles or so). I haven't done any long rides this winter, though, this year I have actually ridden hard during the off season. I'm supposed to be building my base. Well, that doesn't seem like it will happen. So the long road races will continue to be my weak events.
I guess the good thing is that I'm spending time with my children, cheering their team on and watching them progress. It's pretty amazing on their growth in abilities from the start of the season til now. I guess I'll have to live through their accomplishments now, since I get limited time for myself. C'est la Vie.
I think my schedule for work will be changing soon... so that will put an even weirder spin on my training or lack of it.
Ride hard and ride on.
No comments:
Post a Comment