Happy New Year!
Plenty of people have asked me for my goals this year.
As many of you know, I don't typically have preset goals, as I don't have a regimented training schedule as I would like.
So here are my goals:
Enter at least 10 races this year.
Place top 10 in at least 5 of the races.
Help my teammates win or place top 3 in every race.
Train at least 3 times a week (minimum 1 hour rides)
Have fun racing and training. Make new friends or continue to build up friendships with other riders.
Caveats:
Training/Racing should not negatively affect my work performance or family life.
Sounds pretty easy??
I would hope so.. though this year is going to be much more challenging as I will be away on vacation in the spring for 2 weeks, my children are going to be in swimming competitions all summer and training in the spring. I will be dedicating alot of my time in officiating in the mmeets. So, this doesn't leave too much extra time. Of course...I will have to spend quality alone time with my wife. Work will be much more challenging in this New Year with the economy in the doldrums, so more time at work to be as productive as last year.
You get the gist. It will be a challenging year, however, I will have more teammates to work with this year and it should be fun as we all are in the same situation with family and work.
Oh, by the way. I've been off the bike for 3 weeks now. Time to get back on this Tuesday.
Have a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2009!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment